JW Player is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join our Finance team in our New York City Headquarters. This role will be responsible for overseeing accounts receivable and accounts payable while playing an integral role in creating, refining, and implementing accounting processes.
This role is responsible for preparing the consolidated Financial Statements which includes four foreign subsidiaries. This includes managing the company’s working capital as well as performing a detailed financial analysis.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy and ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge while offering a chance to influence and gain experience in the dynamic and booming video streaming space.
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will:
- Fully own the accounts payable function which includes ensuring invoices are entered in GL, review coding, processing weekly check runs, and creating & maintaining reconciliations
- Collaborate with Director of Revenue to ensure all revenue related journal entries are complete and reconciled
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected and in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare revenue and expense accruals for month-end close
- Prepare monthly sales tax & VAT reporting for tax consultants
- Review and maintain all ledger accounts and book transactions to our general ledger
- Perform expense and revenue analysis
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forwards
- Administration of our T&E expense reimbursement system
- Assess our current AP and AR processes for improvements. Proactively execute any changes required
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including the preparation of audited financial statements and disclosures
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or accounting function
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Active CPA license
- 3+ years of experience owning the in-house Accounts Payable function at a Media, Tech or rapidly growing company
- 3+ years experience with Revenue Recognition at a Software as a Service (SaaS) revenue model preferred and knowledge of ASC 606
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word)
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think outside the box
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience at a pre-IPO or Public Company
- 2+ years experience managing a team of Accountants
- Proficiency with NetSuite
- Experience with billing system implementation (i.e. Zoura, SuiteBilling, Recurly)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #accountingcareers #hiring #nycjobs