JW Player is the world's most widely-adopted web video player, generating more than 15 billion video streams a month. We're looking for an Android mobile app developer to be a part of our world-class team of 2nd level support engineers dedicated to solving customer issues and empowering our Sales and Marketing teams. This position is perfect for those who are transitioning to Android application programming; 2nd level engineers who excel may have the opportunity to join the JW Player engineering team.
As an L2 Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with top tier publishers and broadcasters to troubleshoot and solve their native app video issues
- Write clean and reusable code using the latest technologies
- Develop expertise in implementing and updating Java based SDK and mobile app SDLC
- Improve performance, stability and user experience of the JW Player Android SDK
- Collaborate closely with the JW Player engineering team and Product Team in product and feature development
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams with POC development and documentation for prospects and clients
Who You Are:
- Experience in Android app development with Java
- Understanding of Android application architecture and implementation
- High level of proficiency in using Android Studio
- Degree in Computer Science, General Assembly or Flatiron course graduate
- Strong app portfolio or Github profile
- Experience with and knowledge of Kotlin
- Experience in cross platform app frameworks (React Native, Flutter)
- Experience with DASH, HLS and/or other video streaming technologies
- Experience with 3rd party advertising and analytics frameworks and sdks
- Knowledge of best practices, SDLC tools (JIRA, Jenkins, Git, etc.), functional programming and OOP
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #android #hiring #remote