About JW Player
If you’ve watched a video on the internet, chances are you’ve used JW Player technology: the world’s most widely-adopted web video player. Our customers' viewers generate billions of video streams a month and they ingest tens of thousands of hours of video a day. We process millions of events per minute and serve thousands of videos every second. We pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continue to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence.
Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
About the Front-End Engineer role
- Work in a cross-functional team, including back-end, data science, design and product management, all focused on our customer experience.
- Work on products and teams that service media publishers and broadcasters
- Build new features for our customers and write automated tests to make sure they work.
- Participate in code reviews with your peers.
- Work with an array of front-end technologies such as React, TypeScript, SCSS, build-tools and more.
- Own feature development, releases and performance monitoring.
Requirements for this role:
- A minimum of 3 years experience working on front-end projects.
- Experience turning static designs into usable and interactive web applications
- Portfolio, Github profile, or list of sites and features you've worked on.
- Familiarity with React, TypeScript, ESNext or SASS/Less
- Experience with automating (Dockerized) deployments for web applications
- Experience with modern web accessibility best practices
- Experience developing and running automated tests on front-end code
Remote work and relocation
JW Player Engineering is committed to offering location flexibility in relevant roles now and in the future. For this role, candidates may choose to work fully remote, fully office based, or somewhere in between (i.e flexible). We’re currently able to hire in the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
About Our Benefits
When you join JW Player, you are joining a community. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success and when you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Retirement Plan
- Personal Development Budget
- Bi-annual hack weeks
- Employee-led instruction on everything from deep learning to knitting
- Company sponsored outings
- Remote work Stipends and Allowances for setup
- Measure to assist with the stress and mental impact of the Pandemic environment
- D&I committee fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
- New hire buddy program
- And much more…
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.