As a Business Analytics Manager, you will play a crucial role in improving and maintaining Looker across JW Player. This includes partnering and consulting with business and analytics teams to provide guidance and assistance in creating and streamlining Looker reports and underlying ETL pipelines. As part of the BizOps team, you’ll help develop and lead trainings and inservices to communicate best practices, and you’ll host office hours to provide direct assistance. Your expertise and enthusiasm will inspire people across JW Player to adopt and innovate Looker reporting!
As a Business Analytics Manager, you will:
- Build, maintain and administer Looker as the primary BI tool and be the driving force behind the adoption and effective use of Looker within every team.
- Maintain and debug LookML code, build user-friendly Explores, design robust models, and understand various datasets and associated schemas.
- Troubleshoot errors in existing data models, analyze data models and business requirements to create LookML objects.
- Design new LookML dimensions and build Explores for users to answer business questions and optimize queries and reports for performance.
- Implement persistent derived tables, caching policies, version control and assess code quality, utilize SQL Runner for data validation.
- Translate business requirements to actionable data tasks (English <-> SQL)
- Hold office hours, training sessions, brown bags and more to evangelize Looker
- Be responsible for maintaining security and data access models within Looker
- Have the opportunity to work with C-Suite and make direct impact to company decisions
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, engineering, or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience with implementing and managing BI platforms for business intelligence, data applications, and embedded analytics.
- Experience with Looker, a cloud-based business intelligence (BI) platform designed to explore and analyze data.
- 1+ years of experience in developing LookML, Looker Dashboards and Look-Linked Tiles.
- Strong expertise in SQL, preferably across multiple dialects.
- Must be a Data Explorer using Looker daily to create and curate content, as well as prior experience with data visualization and building reports.
- Experience with Looker Explores to query data, validate data accuracy, identify error sources and control content access for security.
- Experience in Data visualizations, Scheduling and sharing Looks and dashboards, Table calculations, Looker expressions, Custom and advanced filters, Impacts of pivoting.
- Experience with best practices around designing dashboards
- Experience with Looker IDE, Text editor, Looker's SQL Runner, Content Validator, LookML Validator and Version control.
- Experience with Looker query builder, Looker SQL generator, LookML models and views.
- Knowledge of relational Databases or Data Warehouses: Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Snowflake (preferred), etc.
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Familiarity with with CRM system such as Salesforce
- Familiarity with SaaS Businesses - especially on SaaS metrics
- Teaching / training / consulting / change management experience
- Able to work autonomously and with a higher than average level of uncertainty
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #businessoperations #hiring #careers #remotejobs