JW Player is looking for an experienced Global Payroll & Benefits Manager to oversee and manage payroll and benefits for our rapidly growing team of over 200 domestic and international employees. Sitting at the intersection of Finance and HR, this role will own the day to day payroll and benefits administration and processing to ensure accuracy, clarity, competitiveness. This role will leverage exceptional customer service skills to ensure peace of mind for our employees so they can focus on doing their best work.
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary owner and administrator of all things related to payroll and benefits, including best practices, analysis, reconciliation, and diligent record keeping.
- Own and execute all matters related to payroll administration and reconciliation, including but not limited to payroll processing and payroll taxes, in partnership with our payroll vendor, reporting on a biweekly, quarterly, and YE basis
- Own and continually improve all HR operations activities related to payroll and benefits, HR vendor relationship management, employment law compliance, ACA reporting, I-9 completion and filing, employee record management, and employee leave request administration.
- Oversee employee benefits plan administration, renewals and assist ensuring our benefits are competitive and easy to use
- Provide employee benefit support and manage benefit related initiatives like the open enrollment processes/ interface with brokers, carriers, employees, and own reporting related to the programs, etc.
- Build and maintain a good working knowledge of benefits legislation, industry standards, and best practices, incorporating standards into processes and procedures
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve payroll and benefits issues
- Build and maintain employee confidence and trust by promptly responding to their requests and protecting the confidentiality of payroll operations
- Be the main contact for employees on all Perks programs and Employee offerings such as Employee Professional Development Reimbursement, Expense reimbursements, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a payroll and benefits specialist or manager at a company of 150-250+ employees
- Experience with Payroll, Benefits, and HRIS, preferably ADP Workforce Now and International payroll vendor management
- Knowledge and experience with US and European labor law, tax and compliance as well as all federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, and DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Interested and informed on emerging technologies and are always looking for improvement, automation, and efficiency in processes
- Able to thrive in a customer service role
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form across teams
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience and seniority, across the organization and uses diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive employee payroll and benefit matters
- Thrives in a startup environment where you are given freedom to take ownership, and you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.