Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. The Data Team at JW Player is responsible for processing the associated 3+ TB stream of data every day, extracting meaningful signals, and building valuable products for media publishers and viewers.
As a Data Scientist at JW Player, you will join a small, collaborative team responsible for conceiving, designing, and building these products and their next generations. Powered by an AWS stack with both realtime and batch data processing, our models operate on a massive scale and have a large impact on our business.
In this role, you will:
- Dive into video network data to gain actionable insights into how video is being watched on the most popular video player on the web
- Research, design and implement algorithms that improve JW Player's products, including video recommendation engines and automated cover art
- Develop features that help describe viewers and videos to improve predictive models
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Be responsible for bringing data driven products into production and evaluating, optimizing and supporting them
- Provide expertise on machine learning concepts for the broader Data team and inspire the adoption of data science across the entire breadth of our organization
- Attend scientific conferences and have opportunities for technical mentorship
We are excited about candidates who have:
- 2+ years experience of bringing data science products into production
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills
- Proficiency with Python
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- High proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Experience planning and executing A/B tests
- A passion for learning
- Experience with deep learning and related libraries such as tensorflow or pytorch
- Experience with engineering data workflows using frameworks such as Airflow or Luigi
- Knowledge of distributed computing and associated frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Presto, Impala or equivalent
- A passion for building great products
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.