As a Service Implementation Engineer for JW Player, you will be responsible for managing the migration of video content and video metadata into the JW Platform for new JW Player customers. You will collaborate with the Sales Engineering and Technical Account Management teams to ensure that our Enterprise customers experience a smooth successful migration of their existing content over to JW Player and that they're content management strategy is ideal.
In addition, you will become a subject matter expert on JW Player REST APIs, supporting our Solutions Architects and Technical Account Managers.
This position is a critical component to JW Player's customer success and rapid growth. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with a diverse set of technical skills who excels at multitasking and works well in a fast-paced and self-starting environment.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with Account Managers, Account Executives, and Customers to manage the end-to-end migration of video content and video metadata over to JW Player
- Maintain/Update existing PHP scripts that migrate content from external sources
- Extend existing scripts to incorporate new external sources
- Be responsible for migration documentation and the end-to-end migration process, from first customer interaction to successful migration
- Find new ways to improve and refine the migration process, implement new methodologies.
- Assist the JW Player customer base with issues relating to media management.
- Act as a subject matter expert on JW Player REST APIs, including Analytics, Platform, and Delivery APIs. Implement sample programs for customers using APIs.
- 2+ years of software development
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable and stable software
- Understanding of source control and database management systems
- Strong coding skills in one or more of: Python, PHP, Java, C++, Go, or Node.js
- Experience using Linux and REST APIs
- Proven experience working with colleagues in Sales, Technical Account Management, and Product
- Experience working on production level PHP-based projects
- Knowledge of ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Open source contributions
- Experience working directly with customers
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.