JW Player is the world's most widely-adopted web video player, generating more than 15 billion video streams monthly. We power the video of Little Things, Refinery29, Apartment Therapy, Washington Post, Vice, and more.
As a Full Stack Engineer in our NYC Headquarters, you will help build innovative features while maintaining our industry-leading video intelligence suite. The ideal candidate is a systems-minded person who can create simple solutions to complex problems while flourishing fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our Engineers enjoy the freedom and autonomy to work on projects they find interesting, and are encouraged to bring their own ideas to the table.
It is JW Player's mission to provide the type of video experience that helps our customers grow audiences and monetize their content, and we’re looking for passionate and motivated engineers to help us do it!
In this role you will:
- Own all aspects of the software development life cycle: planning, architecture, design, implementation, deployment and support
- Work in an agile development environment
- Develop new features from our Product Backlog
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to challenges and be responsible for implementing them
- Monitor and maintain the products and systems that many of the largest publishers in the world depend on every day
- Experience with web services and the interest to dive into Python
- Basic relational database skills (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Functional paradigms and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Self-starting disposition and a penchant for getting things done
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with containerized services
- Familiarity with or experience building API based dashboards
- Experience with continuous delivery, test automation
- ES6/ES7, Node.js, Typescript
- Streaming video concepts
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Docker)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.