Technical Support Engineers at JW Player enjoy the unique opportunity to interact with content creators, publishers, advertisers and video audiences at the code level. They dive into customer code making sure our technology is expertly implemented to ensure the best possible online video viewing experience while gaining exposure to all of the pieces that form the growing online video ecosystem.
Technical Support Engineers are a critical component to JW Player's customer success and rapid growth. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with a diverse set of technical skills who excels at multitasking and works well in a fast-paced and self-starting environment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage day to day customer support through email, support forums, online documentation, and social media
- Share your knowledge of JW Player products, customers and services
- Align products with the needs of our publishers based on your direct customer interactions
- Take on special projects to push the customer support organization to the next level
- Have an opportunity to advance to a 2nd Level Engineering or Solutions Engineering role.
- 2-3 years experience in a customer facing support role within a SaaS environment
- Knowledge of Video Technologies
- Experience in a Support or Sales Consulting role
- Demonstrable knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience successfully interacting with publishers, prospects, and peers in a calm, solution-focused manner
- Aligned, professional, nuanced and customer-focused communication
- Particular attention to detail in a multi-tasking environment
- Experience creating or maintaining support documentation
- Professional-level fluency in speaking French and/or German
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.