Juvo was founded with an overarching mission: to establish financial identities for the billions of people worldwide who are creditworthy, yet financially excluded. In partnership with mobile network operators, Juvo’s proprietary Identity Scoring technology uses data science, machine learning and game mechanics to create an identity-based relationship with anonymous prepaid users, opening up access to otherwise unattainable mobile financial services.
Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide with 100 employees today. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a $40 million USD Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
About the Job
A day in the Life
- Configuring and administering Containers / Docker / Kubernetes (Huge plus!).
- Installing, configuring, and administering some of the following: Hadoop / Hive / HDFS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Memcached, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Configuring and administering VPN connections with external partners using software like strongSwan.
- Shell scripting with Python (but other scripting languages are welcome)
- On-call (SRE style) rotation, as a member and as someone who has & routinely improves the processes they are apart of
- Having fun in a fast-paced, informal, and rapidly changing environment where the bar for performance is set high
- Routine syncs with your teammates and promoting an environment of positive and clear communication
Perks & Recreation
- Work towards a mission that matters – join us in creating the YES economy
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Great medical/dental/vision benefits, with dependent coverage
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) available
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or mobile phones
- Conveniently located office in the Financial District of San Francisco
- Fully stocked kitchens with organic and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Your choice of the best and newest tech (Apple products, Sennheiser Noise Canceling headphones, Stand-up desks, etc)
- Employee discount on Samsung products (Samsung is an investor)!
Juvo is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Juvo is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.