Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide with 70 employees today. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Duetsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a $40 million USD Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
About the Job
At Juvo, you will work alongside a talented and passionate group of engineers building great products, deploying around the globe and helping Juvo achieve our mission of fundamentally changing financial opportunities for billions of people. Your senior level skills will help us define architectures and efficient, reusable libraries. You will establish and build upon our core architectures, development frameworks and iterative software development and deployment best practices. You will implement new features and improve existing codebase on the Android platform as well as conduct code reviews and ensure high-quality releases to app stores
- 3+ years experience building and deploying software.
- 2 years experience building and deploying commercial Android applications.
- Experience designing and architecting systems and applications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels to plan, organize and complete projects from inception to production.
- Experience mentoring other engineers.
- You enjoy working and perform well in a fast-paced, informal, and rapidly changing environment where the bar for performance is set high.
- Self-motivated and self-managing.
- Excited about leading the design and building of applications from the ground up.
- Interested in building a modern Java/Kotlin codebase that can support multiple applications.
- Have opinions and experience in the architectures, patterns, and libraries that shape great applications.
- Experience working with smaller, lower-end devices.