At Juvo, we have created and maintain a data platform that is initially sourced from telecommunications transactional data. We ingest, structure and create signals at the individual user and segment level in order for consumers to directly and transparently benefit from their own data and behaviors. We offer a suite of data products for varying enterprise use cases within the general framework of Financial Identities as a Service (FiDaaS). Our mission to empower consumers throughout the world, so that they can improve their financial and commercial health informs everything that we do.
Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented backend engineer to work on the infrastructure that supports our applications and services. You will have an immediate impact on our decisions around architecture, technology, and scalability.
- We are Global. We are specifically building a company with a global focus made up of people who are globally minded and globally interested. Who have the drive and desire to solve a complex problem around the world. We want to build a globally diverse team who bring to Juvo very diverse thinking and perspectives. We are also building products for global markets and need to be attuned to local needs.
- We are Relentless. We are focused on making progress, getting things done. That we are a team of doers. We check our egos and focus on how we can make progress. As managers we are always to some degree player-coaches. We're ready and willing to jump in while we're focused on building the skills and capabilities of the teams around us. We are action-oriented and results-driven.
- We Hold Ourselves to a High Standard. We want to build a team that takes pride in what we do - both individually and as a group. We set high standards and go the extra mile to deliver products that we all take pride in. Ideally this applies to all things small and large. We also take pride in delivering internally & take responsibility for meeting commitments and delivering high-quality work.
- We Never Stop Learning. We are trying to solve a big, complex problem in the works & it is going to take innovation and quick learning to find the right solutions. It is imperative that we are individual and as a group constantly learning, iterating and very open to different approaches.
- 5+ years of software development experience (Rails or GO preferred)
- Experience working on large scale web application with global team
- Experience building an API that can support multiple applications and services, including experience with API versioning and documentation.
- Experience with 3rd Party (preferably telco) API integration
- Comfortable with relational and non-relational approaches to storing large amounts of data.
- Comfortable having conversations at all customer levels, explaining concepts and driving conversations.
- Operations/Administration experience with Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent configuration management tool is a plus.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, informal, and rapidly changing environment where the bar for performance is set high.
- Muti-lingual: English, Portugese required.
Nice to Have
- Experience working on data collection pipelines across an entire stack, from client-side event logging to ETL.
- Experience with data warehousing using MPP databases (e.g. RedShift or Vertica), workflow systems (e.g. Airflow or Luigi), streaming data processors (e.g. Kinesis or Kafka), and distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark or Hadoop).
- Spanish language fluency (written and spoken) is highly preferred
Keys to Success
- Be globally minded
- Be focused on Customer Success and understands customer’s challenges
- Be a team-player
- Be nimble and adaptable
- Be open to new ways of learning, finding solutions and solving problems
- Be willing to share your Point of View (POV) and be willing to understand other's POV
- Be able to work closely with teams and collaborate
- Be a good listener
- Be accountable
- Follow through on project commitments and deliverables
- Communicate red flags in a timely manner
- Be open to challenges
- Be comfortable dealing with setbacks
Perks & Recreation
- Work towards a mission that matters – join us in creating the YES economy
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Great employee medical coverage
- Your choice of the best and newest tech (ie Apple Products)
Juvo is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. Juvo is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.