At Juvo, we have created and maintain a data platform that is initially sourced from telecommunications transactional data. We ingest, structure and create signals at the individual user and segment level in order for consumers to directly and transparently benefit from their own data and behaviors. We offer a suite of data products for varying enterprise use cases within the general framework of Financial Identities as a Service (FiDaaS). Our mission to empower consumers throughout the world, so that they can improve their financial and commercial health informs everything that we do.
Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
About the Role
Juvo is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to be a driving force in the design and development of data solutions on our AWS hosted platform. You will join a high performing team of both engineers & scientists and you’ll collaborate with Juvo’s internal stakeholders regarding technological developments for our scalable financial platform meant to serve billions of people in the underbanked world. Data Engineering is instrumental in abstracting, modularizing and stress-testing our Data Science stack, allowing us to operationalize data science work across 4 continents and 50 countries, touching 500M end users over the next two years.
At Juvo, you’ll be responsible for turning one of the World’s most interesting and valuable data sets into financial identities at the core of the global financial platform we’re building to trigger fair, sustainable economic growth.
- We are Global. We are specifically building a company with a global focus made up of people who are globally minded and globally interested. Who have the drive and desire to solve a complex problem around the world. We want to build a globally diverse team who bring to Juvo very diverse thinking and perspectives. We are also building products for global markets and need to be attuned to local needs.
- We are Relentless. We are focused on making progress, getting things done. That we are a team of doers. We check our egos and focus on how we can make progress. As managers we are always to some degree player-coaches. We're ready and willing to jump in while we're focused on building the skills and capabilities of the teams around us. We are action-oriented and results-driven.
- We Hold Ourselves to a High Standard. We want to build a team that takes pride in what we do - both individually and as a group. We set high standards and go the extra mile to deliver products that we all take pride in. Ideally this applies to all things small and large. We also take pride in delivering internally & take responsibility for meeting commitments and delivering high-quality work.
- We Never Stop Learning. We are trying to solve a big, complex problem in the works & it is going to take innovation and quick learning to find the right solutions. It is imperative that we are individual and as a group constantly learning, iterating and very open to different approaches.
A Day in the Life
- Contribute to implementation of scalable ETL and data processing systems to go into our big data ecosystem including data collection, processing, ETL and the creation of a common data lake.
- Work with engineering and infrastructure architects to improve data strategy, quality and governance.
- Work closely with both business and partner stakeholders to quickly deliver high-quality applications.
- Collaborate with global data engineering teams to help bring data science R&D projects into Production.
- Build and Maintain Internal Analytics, Reporting, and Decisioning platform on top of a common data lake.
- Manage data infrastructure to grow and support the Data Science and Engineering team in relation to the construction of performant data products.
- Maintain and scale production environments for ML-based data products.
- 3-5 years of experience writing production-level code in Python.
- Experience in data warehouse/data lake and ETL architecture with any of big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, Sqoop, Kafka, Hbase, and HDFS.
- Experience in building and managing batch/realtime data pipelines using Airflow/Luigi or other enterprise-scale workflow scheduling tools.
- Exposure using SQL for Data Analysis.
- Exposure as a Data Engineer with AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, EMR, Redshift, Elasticache, RDS, Kinesis.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL systems such as Postgres, Mysql, Neo4j, Sql Server, Teradata, Oracle, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related quantitative fields or equivalent data/software engineering experience.
- Highly organized, structured work approach and dependable.
- Experience in enterprise-scale software architecture is preferred.
Keys to Success
- Be focused on Customer Success and understands customer’s challenges
- Be a team-player, nimble and adaptable
- Be open to new ways of learning, finding solutions and solving interesting engineering challenges
- Be able to work closely with Global teams and collaborate to deliver successful products
Perks & Recreation
- Work towards a mission that matters – join us in creating the YES economy
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Great employee medical coverage
- Your choice of the best and newest tech (ie Apple Products)
Juvo is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other category protected under the law. Juvo is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.