About the Job
Contribute to the design and implementation of scalable ETL and data processing systems to go into our big data ecosystem including data collection, cleaning, processing, ETL and the creation of a common data lake.
Work with engineering and infrastructure architects to improve data strategy, quality and governance.
Work closely with both business and partner stakeholders to quickly deliver high-quality applications.
Collaborate with architects, product owners, data scientists and test engineers to help bring data science R&D projects into Production.
Build and scale Internal Analytics, Reporting, and Decisioning platform on top of a common data lake.
Manage data infrastructure to grow and support the Data Science and Engineering team in relation to the construction of performant data products.
Establish the technical direction for the team, driving the necessary changes and making appropriate technology choices working collaboratively with the Data Science, Product and Engineering Teams.
Maintain and scale production environments for ML-based data products.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer with AWS services
- 2+ years of experience writing production level code in Python.
- 2+ years of experience with the following infrastructure frameworks; Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
5+ years of experience designing data warehouse/data lake and ETL architectures with big data technologies such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Hive, Storm, Sqoop, Kafka, Hbase, and HDFS.
Experience with SQL/NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Solr, Elasticsearch, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.
Experience in Agile processes and scrum.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related quantitative fields.
Highly organized, structured work approach and dependable.
- Experience in enterprise-scale software architecture is preferred.
Perks & Recreation
- Work towards a mission that matters – join us in creating the YES economy
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Great medical/dental/vision benefits, with dependent coverage
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) available
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or mobile phones
- Conveniently located office in the Financial District of San Francisco
- Fully stocked kitchens with organic and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Your choice of the best and newest tech (Apple products, Sennheiser Noise Canceling headphones, Stand-up desks, etc)
- Employee discount on Samsung products (Samsung is an investor)!
Juvo is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Juvo is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.