Juvo was founded with an overarching mission: to establish financial identities for the billions of people worldwide who are creditworthy, yet financially excluded. In partnership with mobile network operators, Juvo’s proprietary Identity Scoring technology uses data science, machine learning and game mechanics to create an identity-based relationship with anonymous prepaid users, opening up access to otherwise unattainable mobile financial services.
Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide with 70 employees today. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Duetsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a $40 million USD Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
About the Job
Juvo is looking for an experienced Senior Manager/Director of Engineering to partner with our Engineering Leadership team and help grow our organization. Not only will you build and motivate a high performing team of engineers, you’ll also interact with and inform the Executive Leadership team. The Senior Manager/Director of Engineering is instrumental in assisting with the global scaling of teams and processes, and customer implementations, allowing Juvo to operationalize teams and systems across 5 continents and over 50 countries, touching 500M end users over the next two years.
- Hire, scale and retain global direct and dotted line engineering talent.
- Work with other other leaders and architects to improve engineering design, process, strategy, quality and governance.
- Collaborate with operations teams to deploy scalable, well monitored and alerted systems.
- Collaborate with Partner Services and Product teams to support global customer deployments and build world class products.
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team, continuously ensuring that individual and Juvo goals are highly aligned.
- BS in Computer Science, or related STEM field.
- 10+ years experience in large scale applications development.
- Experience scaling engineering development efforts with on-site, remote and contract teams.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire highly technical engineering professionals, in multicultural environments.
- Ability to and lead and participate in complex technical discussions, with multiple stakeholders of various technical and non-technical backgrounds, while helping to drive clarity from dynamic requirements and ambiguity.
- Proven ability to synthesize solutions and decompose complex problems for managed execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS services.
- 2+ years of leading modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, microservices).
- Fluent in one or more of the following programming languages Scala; Python, Ruby or Java.
- Prefer experience delivering software solutions for B2B commercial accounts
- Familiar with infrastructure frameworks such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with Jira, Agile processes and scrum.
- MBA or technical MS is a plus.
- Honesty, integrity and humility.