Juvo was founded with an overarching mission: to establish financial identities for the billions of people worldwide who are creditworthy, yet financially excluded. In partnership with mobile network operators, Juvo’s proprietary Identity Scoring technology uses data science, machine learning and game mechanics to create an identity-based relationship with anonymous prepaid users, opening up access to otherwise unattainable mobile financial services.
Since emerging from stealth in September 2016, Juvo has increased its global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide with 100 employees today. To date, Juvo has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Juvo’s mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, Juvo completed a $40 million USD Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
About the Job
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, flexible, poised and self-motivated individual to become Juvo's Office Manager. Your job bridges strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution and requires the ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs and requests, and juggle multiple high priority requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is important, as is a good sense of humor.
A day in the life
- Manage third party vendors and serve as the main point of contact with building management regarding general facilities
- Maintain general office appearance and operations, keeping the kitchens and conference rooms presentable, functional, and clean
- Be the office ambassador by welcoming guests and ensuring their hosts greet them in a timely manner
- Manage inventory of office supplies, company swag, lunch catering and snacks
- Facilitate work space needs, including maintaining the seating chart, ordering furniture, and assisting with office design as needed. May include work on potential new office space, if needed
- Plan and execute company events from start to finish, including scheduling, catering, supplies, activities, and other preparation needs
- 5+ years of experience as an office manager, preferably in a similar role at a fast-paced, growing startup
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills balanced with the flexibility to meet the demands of a startup environment
- Previous experience managing a budget for office and facilities needs, as well as event planning
- Strong work ethic with the ability to operate autonomously and with discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong moral compass with the ability to make sound judgment calls
- A no ego, “can-do” attitude with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations; proactively anticipates needs before they arise
- Strong computer skills and experience with Excel, Power Point, Keynote, and Google Apps
Perks & Recreation
- Work towards a mission that matters – join us in creating the YES economy
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Great medical/dental/vision benefits, with dependent coverage
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) available
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or mobile phones
- Conveniently located office in the Financial District of San Francisco
- Fully stocked kitchens with organic and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Your choice of the best and newest tech (Apple products, Sennheiser Noise Canceling headphones, Stand-up desks, etc)
- Employee discount on Samsung products (Samsung is an investor)!
Juvo is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Juvo is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.