JUVARE is a technology company focused on developing innovative enterprise resilience solutions for government agencies, corporations, healthcare providers and higher education around the world. JUVARE solutions have supported over 500,000 emergency response incidents in all 50 states and 20 countries around the world. JUVARE helps our clients prepare, connect, and respond to protect people, property, and brands.
The role is responsible for the design, implementation and support of market leading applications used before, during and after emergency management situations.
You will be part of a team that practices a disciplined development methodology and will interact directly with our Product Management, Professional Services, Client Experience, Infrastructure and Support Teams to develop effective, reliable, and scalable solutions in an Agile, test-driven environment. We are looking for a self-directed individual who functions well in a team environment. You should have a passion for working with clients and stakeholders to solve their business and support challenges.
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
- Develop Backend part of applications using TypeScript.
- Develop high quality code and automated tests.
- Drive automated testing implementation strategy.
- Drive CI/CD implementation and enhancement initiatives.
- Coordinate implementation of complex solutions within and outside of the team.
- Work closely with Product Management, Professional Services, Client Experience and Support to review, elaborate and document system and solution requirements.
- Do code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Evaluate newly emerging technologies and participate in business decisions regarding technologies to implement.
- Implement Proof of Concepts to objectively evaluate possible solutions.
- Collaborate with User Experience experts and designers to implement solutions, which meet high usability standards.
- Support team professional growth through coaching and providing educational opportunities.
- Participate in creating and maintaining processes, which let team to effectively cooperate both inside of the team and with other product teams.
- Troubleshoot escalated client support issues.
- Follow OWASP and other security best practices to develop reliable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical software development experience with a minimum of 3 years in Frontend development.
- Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Programming methodologies, data structures and design patterns.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Able to write effective unit and E2E tests.
- Able to troubleshoot problems by reviewing monitoring solutions, logs and debugging.
- Experience with cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance, scalability, maintainability, and supportability – preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate tasks execution sequence to achieve bigger goals.
Why work at JUVARE:
- Work on products that help the heroes fighting on the front lines of the emergency management situations (COVID-19 outbreak, Hurricanes, active shooters, etc).
- Unlimited paid vacation time.
- Remote work opportunities.
- Medical Insurance.
- Emotional Wellness Benefit.
- Anything you need for your continuous professional development (Pluralsight license, company paid certificates and etc.).
- Employee Referral Program.
- Juvare Book Club.
- Parking and Locked Bicycle Storage.
Gross salary from 5000 euro/month gross and above (depends on your experience).
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. This information will also be used in determining whether an exception to the EAR’s licensing requirements can be exercised or a license required for deemed exports.