JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The GSM, EE / ME works in close alignment and collaboration with other Global Supply Managers and Program Managers to support the business objectives of JUUL. The GSM, EE / ME is responsible for the overall management of a component category through the creation and maintenance of multi-year sourcing strategies and their associated project pipelines and source plans. This position is an individual contributor role and will be responsible for managing a component category within the sourcing team. This position would report to the Director or Senior Director of Component Sourcing.
Responsibilities also include the selection of suppliers for new sourcing requests, including the management of a particular set of components negotiation of competitive prices, gaining maximum leverage opportunity, and defining (global) supplier contracts. The GSM maintains an overview on the regional component market by conducting frequent benchmarks and builds/maintains up-to-date knowledge about processes, strategies, and industry trends.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relationship driver between JUUL and Component supplier(s) including management of cost and delivery performance.
- Plans, negotiates, and contracts with component supplier(s) and ensuring that agreements reflect JUUL needs globally.
- Strategize multi-year financial accountability for assigned relationships with respect to price targets.
- Responsible for supplier selection process and for the approval of selected suppliers by stakeholders.
- Responsible for application of the source to pay process, inclusive of customer-centric support content and preferred payment methods, as part of sourcing strategies
- Accountable for developing and maintaining risk mitigation plans inclusive of compliance for designated suppliers within assigned category(ies) with businesses or functions
- Drive the sourcing and supplier selection process for solutions to support Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations goals and objectives.
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities.
- Negotiate and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers.
- Establish and implement procurement policies to ensure quality, delivery, and cost improvements including KPI’s and scorecards.
- Communicate the demand forecast as necessary to ensure supply continuity, and and capacity availability.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5-7 years of experience in global and complex (electronics) manufacturing procurement or supply chain management. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Knowledge of the entire outsourced manufacturing process; RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level; strong preference for spoken and written Mandarin proficiency.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel globally, 20 – 30%.
- Previous experience in working with contract manufacturers, domestic and offshore.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Negotiation skills and contract management experience
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, preferably in both English and Chinese
- 20% travel required; 80% domiciled in San Francisco, CA office.
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to communicate and interact with team members.
- Work and revise well-thought-out sourcing strategies.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with key stakeholders within the Engineering and Product Development organization.
- Knowledge of procurement and business operations, systems, organizational structure, performance metrics (KPI) and supply base.
- Technical competence – understanding datasheets/specifications, and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in common office computer software
- BA/BS Degree; MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL Perks & Benefits:
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and meet them
- Supportive team members and hiring managers
- Generous referral bonuses
- Fully stocked snacks and drinks
- We’ll subsidize your monthly cellphone bill
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
- We’ll equip you with a MacBook or Dell
- Full benefits (medical/dental/vision) for you and subsidized for your dependents