JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an Associate/Manager, Strategic Initiatives to join the Commercial Strategy team. Work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company with real opportunity to influence business direction. This role is ideal for someone that has spent time in consulting and wants to learn more about how to run a high-growth business.
Potential projects include:
- Serving on an internal strategy and business operations SWAT team in support of C-level special projects/analyses and other verticals within the Commercial Strategy organization (New Market Development, Commercial Planning, and Demand Planning)
- Evaluating business development opportunities and strategic partnerships
- Delivering data-driven priorities for JUUL’s expansion plan across sales channels, geographies, and consumer segments
- Assessing competitive market dynamics and company positioning
- Supporting valuation exercises and financing activities
- Providing input into product mix/portfolio decisions
- Suggesting day-to-day operational business improvements rooted in a deep understanding of company performance
- Establishing processes for cross-functional collaboration
- Measuring performance of marketing efforts and pricing activities
- Role level based on experience
- Quantitative undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution preferred (pre-MBA role)
- Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or business operations at a high-growth startup
- Demonstrated interest in the CPG, tech, or medical device industries
- Generalist functional understanding spanning finance, sales, product, marketing, supply chain, and e-commerce
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Confidence-inspiring presence while clearly communicating compelling messages to senior executives, even if challenging the status quo
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Quantitative undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.