About JUUL Labs:
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Global Supply Manager, EMS works in close alignment and collaboration with other Global Supply Managers and Program Managers to support the business objectives of JUUL. The GSM, EMS is responsible for the overall management of contract manufacturing partners through the creation and maintenance of multi-year sourcing strategies and their associated project pipelines and source plans.
Responsibilities also include the selection of suppliers for new sourcing requests, including (re)negotiation of competitive prices, gaining maximum leverage opportunity, and defining (global) supplier contracts. The GSM, EMS maintains an overview on the regional EMS market by conducting frequent benchmarks and builds/maintains up-to-date knowledge about EMS processes, strategies, and industry trends.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Primary relationship owner between JUUL and outsourced manufacturing partner(s) including management of cost and overall supplier performance.
- Responsible for planning, negotiation, and contracting with EMS provider(s) and ensuring that agreements reflect JUUL needs globally.
- Owns year-on-year financial accountability for assigned EMS relationships with respect to price targets.
- Responsible for leading teams through the supplier selection process and for the approval of selected suppliers by stakeholders.
- Responsible for application of the source to pay process, inclusive of customer-centric support content and preferred payment methods, as part of sourcing strategies
- Accountable for developing and maintaining risk mitigation plans for product and supplier responsibilities.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of an international team.
- Drive the sourcing and supplier selection process for outsourced manufacturing solutions to support Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations goals and objectives.
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities.
- Negotiate and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers.
- Establish and implement procurement policies to ensure quality, delivery, responsiveness and cost improvements including KPI’s and scorecards.
- Communicate the demand forecast as necessary to ensure supply continuity, and capacity availability.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5-10 years of experience in global and complex (electronics) manufacturing procurement or supply chain management, including experience managing outsourced manufacturing of electro-mechanical devices. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Effective management of the entire outsourced manufacturing process; RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- An in-depth understanding of discrete manufacturing processes, cost drivers and structures.
- Expertise in global EMS supplier development & management
- Ability to travel globally, 25-30%.
- Previous experience in working with contract manufacturers, domestic and offshore.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Proficiency working in multi-disciplinary, global product development and realization teams
- Expertise in the art of negotiation
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, preferably in both English and Chinese
KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop and implement a well-thought-out sourcing strategy.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with key stakeholders within the Engineering and Product Development organization.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement and business operations, systems, organizational structure, performance metrics (KPI) and the EMS supply base.
- Technical competence – understanding datasheets/specifications, and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in common office computer software
- BA/BS Degree; MBA preferred. Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities