Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a highly motivated Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to be part of our growing Manufacturing Engineering & Sustaining group. This person will be responsible for debugging and ramping automation equipment for JUUL’s next generation product, as well as managing sustaining engineering operations for our existing product line at our partner contract manufacturing site in Hudson, WI.
- Work with OEMs to troubleshoot/debug advanced automation equipment for a new product line.
- Propose and implement equipment design improvements to reduce yield loss, minimize unplanned downtime and improve OEE
- Develop and track metrics for critical machine outputs and present to management
- Train Contract Manufacturer engineering and maintenance personnel to troubleshoot and maintain new automation equipment
- Create and maintain process and equipment technical documentation for new automation lines
- Manage the execution of high volume manufacturing on our existing product lines at our Contract Manufacturing site for pod assembly, filling & packaging
- Oversee, mentor and influence the CM’s sustaining engineering team to ensure quality, availability, and output achieve daily targets
- Co-own and drive key engineering metrics (yield, availability, overall OEE, etc.) at a site level
- Conduct reviews of site quality and yield metrics with the local JUUL and Contract Manufacturing team to determine improvement opportunities
- Oversee preventative maintenance programs as well as spare parts readiness/management
- Drive CM accountability to ensure timely escalation and issue correction
- Provide excursion support to the CM site and coordinate equipment suppliers as required to support downtime issues
- Ensure site adherence to agreed upon manufacturing processes between JUUL and the contract manufacturer. Perform line walks and verification of operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with high volume manufacturing engineering, sustaining engineering and/or process development, preferably in an FDA regulated industry
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines. The individual should be able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- The preferred candidate should have previous experience in a few of the following areas: Design Controls, Change Control and Validation within a FDA regulated industry, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Lean Manufacturing, Process Control Concepts, Design of Experiments (DOE), and design/process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Good understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies, design of experiments and lean.
- Outstanding technical problem solving skills - both theoretically and in terms of hands-on troubleshooting. Ability to apply first-principles level technical understanding to real world problems and arrive at working solutions in a fast-pace, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to make decisions and take accountability for those decisions, with limited information, in high pressure time limited situations.
- Detail orientation with a strong quality mindset. Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions, both internally and at vendors
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits, and discounts on Juul products.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.