Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for designing precision assembly and measurement processes for Juul products. Perform the research and development on new technologies necessary to tackle complex assembly and automation problems that have direct impact to the quality and delivery of Juul products. Design, implement and successfully scale automated and semi- automated solutions based upon sound engineering principles and the technologies developed for a specific application.
- Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering
- Keeps in touch of all meaningful technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments
- Provide direction and mentorship to third party machine/automation suppliers and/or CM’s; be the technical leader and driver on owned projects; serve as a technical resource to other engineering groups and project leaders
- Organize cross-functional reviews of the machine requirements, design, qualification and capability
- Create Request for Quotation/Proposal (RFQ/RFPs) that documents the design requirements of the automated equipment, delivery schedule, required documentation and qualification for acceptance at machine supplier facility and contract manufacturer’s factory
- Engage machine suppliers for automated equipment design reviews and proposals
- Travel to the machine supplier and contract manufacturer for equipment bring-up, qualification, acceptance testing and support during build events
- Drive machine qualification including correlation, process capability (CP/CPK) and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Drive failure analysis and machine issue resolution when working with machine suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Responsible for data analysis reports to communicate machine capability to the cross functional teams
- Be able to adapt and perform in the following roles:
- Design for Manufacturability - Engage with product design teams to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable.
- Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis.
- Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. Utilize statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are scalable and are continuing to perform properly once qualified.
- Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products.
- Preferred Locations - Dallas, TX or Hudson, WI
- Strong work experience in precision assembly (10 Micron Scale) and test automation equipment.
- Produce machine qualification requirements, design of experiments and failure analysis
- Deep understanding of machine design/qualification including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability and reproducibility
- Deep understanding of data analytics and statistical methods
- Up to, but not limited to 25% domestic and international travel
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles favorable
- Knowledge of optics principles as they relate to CCD cameras, 2D and 1D lasers used in assembly automation
- Basic understanding of liquid adhesives, plastics welding, pressing operations, dispensing, Pick and Place (PnP) is desired
- Working knowledge of sensors, robotics, pneumatics, servo motors, motion controllers, PLC and and PC-based control systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent
- 5 + years in an engineering role with experience in assembly and test automation equipment
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits, and discounts on Juul products.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.