Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
- The Device & Accessory Business Unit Senior Manager works in close alignment and collaboration with other Departmental and Program Managers to support the business objectives of JUUL. The Device & Accessory Business Unit Director is responsible for the overall management of Device contract manufacturing partners through the creation and maintenance of multi-year sourcing strategies and their associated project pipelines and source plans. This position is a manager role and will be responsible for managing the Device team. This position would report to the Sr. Director of CM Business Units. Responsibilities also include the selection of suppliers (Capex and Contract Manufacturing) for new sourcing requests, including (re)negotiation of competitive prices, gaining maximum leverage opportunity, and defining (global) supplier contracts, operational KPIs, capital equipment spend and strategic footprint analysis. The Device & Accessory Business Unit Director maintains an overview on the regional market by conducting frequent benchmarks and builds/maintains up-to date knowledge about EMS processes, strategies, and industry trends.
- Relationship owner between JUUL and outsourced manufacturing partner(s) including management of cost and delivery performance.
- Responsible for managing the team who plans, negotiates, and contracts with EMS provider(s) and ensuring that agreements reflect JUUL needs globally
- Responsible for leading teams through the supplier selection process and for the approval of selected suppliers by stakeholders
- Drive the sourcing and supplier selection process for outsourced manufacturing solutions to support Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations goals and objectives.
- Work with new product teams to support product launch and sustaining activities.
- Build overall CapEx project budget, compile budget requests, and generate capitalization plan based on project schedules.
- Develop and implement objectives and strategies that support the corporate capital spending plan.
- Negotiate and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers
- Ensure the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, KPIs (key performance indicators) and other targets.
- Significantly contribute to the immediate, medium- and longer-term planning and development of their respective team. Identifying and recommending new/enhanced or extended opportunities and the resources required, including departmental budgeting, operations planning, etc.
- Effectively partner with peer managers to align on priorities, accountability and objectives
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe to report issues as necessary.
- Is viewed by peers as a leader who can pull team together around a common goal and represent team to senior management.
- Demonstrates and coaches’ team on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements.
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10-15 years of experience in global and complex (electronics) manufacturing procurement or supply chain management, including experience managing outsourced manufacturing of electro-mechanical devices. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of development and manufacturing process
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering and working knowledge of finance
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of capital expenditures, ROI, NPV, cash flow, total and total cost of ownership.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to drive execution and foster a sense of continuous improvement in the business, striving to reach perfection with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify risks, explore solutions, reach consensus and execute mitigations quickly.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Advanced knowledge in business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving
- Ability to take ownership and hold yourself and team accountable
- Ability to adapt when changes occur in a quick and aggressive manner to achieve target
- Finance/business acumen (understand cost drivers and ability to derive costs associated with managing quality).
- Technical competence – understanding datasheets/specifications, and manufacturing processes.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits