Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a backend engineer with experience in the design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. You will craft and hone cloud solutions to deploy services hosted on AWS, including IoT device provisioning and management, RBAC system to manage roles and privileges, rule engines to process transactions or data streams, and more. You will be expected to stay on top of emerging technology trends and utilize applicable ones to optimize our solutions for performance, uptime, and cost. An ideal candidate is passionate about: product, security, technology; writing good, clean, maintainable code; fluid end-user and operator experiences; and building a collaborative, results-oriented culture.
You will also work with engineers in other parts of the organization e.g. manufacturing, analytics etc. to serve additional use cases, optimize workflows, launch products as one collaborative team, and anything else you can think of to enhance the experience of our customers, employees, and your day-to-day development environment. You will also work with Product Managers to understand business requirements and ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business.
- K8s, Kubectl
- AWS ECS
- Terraform and/or ArgoCD
- Postgres and/or DynamoDB
- Docker, Docker management services on AWS
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and experience (3-5 years) with AWS cloud platform that includes:
- Experience with EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda etc.
- Experience working with AWS security capabilities such as WAF, Security Groups, IAM, Trusted Advisor etc.
- Experience in cloud container services like ECS or EKS based microservices deployment and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in Go or C
- Proficient in using Git as a control system
- Capable of Shell, Python scripting
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as CoAP, HTTPS, WebSocket
- Working knowledge of CI/CD - bonus points for ArgoCD familiarity
- Working on our IoT platform to provide connectivity for devices
- Expanding on our core cloud-based service components for users and devices (access control, device management, user application)
- Ensuring application performance, uptime, and scale
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Work on growth initiatives for domestic and international markets
- Plan for new technology insertion & trade-offs in development
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science or in Natural science
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast-growing company
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits, and discounts on Juul products.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.