Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
Internal Audit is a value-added and collaborative risk assurance function focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the company’s Audit Committee and Management.
Juul Labs is hiring a Senior SOX Auditor/SOX Manager (depending on experience) with experience in business functional areas (Inventory Management, Financial Close Process, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Treasury, Taxes etc.) to assist in the global Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program as well as Operational and financial audits. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the SOX compliance program including SOX testing which includes deficiency monitoring and remediation testing. Over time, candidates who are successful in this role may have the opportunity to rotate into other assignments. This individual will also have the opportunity to participate in special projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned SOX testing for various business cycles: Procure to Pay, Order to Cash , Inventory Management, Payroll, Financial Close, Treasury, Tax etc. in accordance with defined SOX test attributes and testing guidance. Most importantly, the individual must meet the deadlines and be able to work independently.
- Perform walkthroughs of the various business cycles based on the flowcharts and Risk and Control Matrices that have already been documented and assess the effectiveness of the process and controls. Assist external audit in walkthroughs and testing.
- Execute SOX testing and documentation activities with consistent quality including maintaining effective tracking and monitoring of deficiencies.
- Collect and analyse data, conduct interviews and document, summarize, and assist in communicating SOX results and following up on the status of correction action plans, as needed.
- Update the testing templates, annual controls testing, and monitoring and testing of remediated deficiencies.
- Identify, recommend and implement the necessary improvements to accounting policies/procedures, internal business controls and to help improve overall business efficiency.
- Formulate recommendations to management to correct deficiencies and improve controls. Work as a business partner with the management team to guide in remediation and process improvement without impeding independence.
- Conduct meetings with location management to discuss SOX testing results and assist in remediation.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned by management.
- Possess a strong understanding of the COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Sections 302 and 404), financial reporting risks, internal controls, US GAAP, and IFRS, with the ability to make control recommendations to successfully mitigate key risks.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience performing SOX testing across all functional areas. Have strong operating and financial controls evaluation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and compliance and substantive testing techniques including audit sampling methods. Prior experience with compliance auditing under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is a plus.
- Ability to research the details but present high-level findings to business partners.
- A consistent drive to question the business and yourself on how to do things better and more efficiently.
- Self-starter ability to take initiative and get things started when there may be no established path.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication and analytical and time management skills and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in cross-functional teams, cultivate leadership abilities and to develop operational and financial management skills.
- Possess project management skills with the focus on timely completion of tasks and the ability to identify and assess changing business process risks. MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 5 years of combined experience in internal or external auditing across Business functions, SOX compliance practices; Sarbanes-Oxley experience is required.
- Certifications such as CPA, CA, CIA, CISA, CFE. MBAs are preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits