Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE TEAM:
Across Juul, we are extremely mission-driven and carefully consider how user and product characteristics and customer experience can improve smokers’ ability to change behavior. A key element in supporting Juul's public health mission is a world-class behavioral research team. The research context is fast-paced and highly dynamic, and successful candidates will demonstrate creative problem solving, flexibility, emotional maturity, attention to detail, and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. With a wealth of data and analytic resources at their disposal, the team is charged with addressing cutting-edge questions associated with tobacco control, vaping, smoking abstinence, and vulnerable populations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Juul Labs is seeking outstanding candidates for a Behavioral Science Data Manager/Analyst position to support research and dissemination activities as part of the Behavioral Science Team and to assist in providing technical guidance and consulting across the company. The position of Behavioral Science Data Manager/Analyst will work closely with the Behavioral Science leadership and Project Leads with significant opportunities for professional development and mentoring. The primary role and responsibilities of this position will focus on the implementation of specific data management and quality control processes and data analyses to support behavioral research studies. Other responsibilities include supporting research protocol development and document management, regulatory reporting, manuscript and presentation preparation, and participation in team, department, and cross-Juul research and implementation project meetings. This person may have opportunities to engage with cross-functional stakeholders, including innovation, product, and program on both the hardware and software sides of the business.
- Strong data management skills and analytic experience with a background in public health issues (e.g., tobacco control or chronic disease)
- Training in appropriate quantitative research methodologies, solid statistical foundations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, experience working in behavioral, health, or epidemiological settings, evidence of leadership potential, and a track record of successfully participating in team-based projects.
- Relevant analytical expertise includes but is not limited to complex longitudinal analysis (e.g., growth curve, growth mixture and latent transition modeling)
- Advanced analysis of data from observational data and clinical trials (e.g., propensity score analyses, continuous-time survival analysis, latent variable survival modeling)
- Intensive repeated measures analysis for ecological momentary assessment (EMA) data, multilevel (mixed) models for factorial experiments, structural equation modeling, and big data science studies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biostatistics, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, or related field
- Education/training/experience in Behavioral and/or Population health research methodologies and survey design
- 1-4 years applicable experience
- Familiarity with statistical packages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
- Experience supporting peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations
- Powerpoint, Excel spreadsheets, Word, or similar word processing
- Preferred qualifications: Masters/Ph.D., regulatory experience, advanced statistical skills/methods
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits, and discounts on Juul products.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.