Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for a Research Associate, Flavor Chemistry to join our R&D team in Mountain View, CA. In this role, you will report to the Director of Flavors.
- Fill pods as needed for shipment to the internal sensory panel.
- Assist flavor chemists and RAs in compounding (making) e-liquids as necessary. Training will be provided.
- Assist other R&D departments in Mountain View such as Chemistry as needed.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a flavor lab is preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Willing to handle and work with nicotine using PPE.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Experience following principles and making informed decisions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment with changing practices.
- Solid math skills including the ability to work accurately with formulas and decimals.
- Strong MS Excel, Google Docs skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in food science, chemistry, or applied sciences
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed, and diverse teammates in an inclusive environment.
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success.
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend.
- Cell phone subsidy, extensive self-care/wellness benefits, and discounts on Juul products.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.