Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
The Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the test process including internal/external test development and optimization, data analysis, validation, and production issue identification and resolution. She/he must be able to lead cross-functional NPI and continuous improvement projects and have an in-depth knowledge of hardware design and debug, PCB/FATP test methodology, manufacturing test process and the ability to plan and execute projects. She/he will help define electrical and mechanical test solutions that are manufacturable, maintainable and scalable in a high-volume manufacturing environment at our contract manufacturers. After NPI, she/he will take over ownership of the test solutions and be responsible for tester continuous improvement and change control. A clear understanding of statistical data analysis is also required in order to optimize OEE on each of the test stations.
- Work cross-functionally on project timelines, resource allocation, supplier selection and budgeting.
- Lead continuous improvement projects for existing manufacturing systems.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing yield and provide systematic solutions that address root cause.
- Support test development team in making manufacturing ready testers and help close gaps between engineering and manufacturing.
- Create tester manuals, BOMs, SOPs, work instructions, and all other required documentation, either directly or with contract manufacturers and external suppliers.
- Work with validation team to create, execute, and approve validation protocols, including all required data analysis.
- Generate URS and develop performance metrics to validate and qualify tester improvements.
- Participate with cross-functional teams to review and develop DFM, FA, PFMEA and SOP across product line.
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage production line bring-up, maintenance, calibration, operation, improvements, and validation.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 7+ years’ experience running high volume consumer electronic projects with hands-on experience implementing board/FATP level parametric and functional test, RF, battery/PMIC, and sensor solution at contract manufacturers.
- Expert in analog and digital circuit design and debug, RF is a plus.
- Proficient with tester Design for Manufacturing (DFM), manufacturing engineering, and test process optimization.
- Proficient with programming and scripting e.g. Python, C++ and LabVIEW.
- Proficient with schematic capture using Cadence or Altium. PCB layout a plus.
- Experience with data analysis, GR&R, test limits generation and other process control-related statistic. Minitab experience preferred.
- Hands-on with lab equipment such as Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Multimeter, VSA/VSG, etc.
- Strong communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits