Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our Stock Administration team, to bring your equity expertise in global activities. The goal is to be part of the Equity Team that provides best-in-class services, while maintaining the accuracy of our equity database.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day administration of equity transactions such as the processing of new grants (options or RSUs), grant amendments, terminations and continuous stakeholder updates.
- Processing of option exercises, including the calculation or review of payroll taxes, if required. This also requires knowledge of tax compliance – such as IRS Forms 3921, 1099-MISC, disqualifying dispositions, and working with global Payroll teams for reporting.
- Ensure SOX compliance by performing periodic reconciliations of the equity database to the Board minutes, grants and shares outstanding and especially the Cap Table.
- Implement good practices, process improvements and automation where possible.
- Assist in providing accurate and prompt responses to questions and/or requests by employees, grant holders, shareholders and other investors.
- Being resourceful to research new issues that come our way – such as understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements, actual or potential tax compensation issues, mobility and how equity plans may operate country by country.
- Partnering with various stakeholders – including Senior Management and Board members, internal and external legal teams, Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Tax and Treasury, Compliance, internal and external auditors, and many others.
- Understanding of pre-IPO activities such as 409 FMV, 701 Financial Disclosure requirements, as well as activities that a publicly traded company might have such as Exercise Blackout periods, 10b5-1 trading plans, Section 16 forms filings, proxies and other SEC-related activities.
- Striving to be part of the Equity Team that provides best-in-class services, as well as clear communication and education.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in stock administration, ideally in a publicly traded company environment. Pre-IPO experience is an added plus.
- Experience and knowledge of payroll taxes and the reporting requirements related to equity grants, as well as other corporate-related activities affecting equity.
- Independent and resourceful; one who takes the initiative to understand and comply with reporting and legal requirements.
- Be highly organized and know how to set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and excellent reconciliation skills.
- Must have good, professional judgment in the handling of confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understanding and expertise in the use of equity software programs - both for pre-IPO and publicly traded companies.
- CEP designation required or in process.
- College degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits