JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The IT Support Specialist is a hands-on position responsible for supporting JUUL Labs employees’ IT needs. Candidate should have experience supporting users of Mac OSX and Windows operating systems and a solid understanding of networking concepts (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, routers, switches). Responsibilities will include activities surrounding onboarding of new JUUL Labs personnel (Laptop setup, account creation), troubleshooting LAN and wireless router connectivity issues, facilitating and fulfilling end-user support requests and first-tier help desk support.
The IT Support Specialist coordinates, diagnoses and troubleshoots incoming employee calls. You will provide support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access. You will provide timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides case status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users. Develops, documents, and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
- Understand & articulate root cause on customer issues
- Experience with installation, upgrade, and maintenance of software, hardware, and peripherals
- Take on small projects from start to finish
- Work closely with the team to resolve or properly close aging tickets.
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues
- Technical Installations and training for new employees and co-workers
- Maintain local technology inventory system
- Account administration, data backup/cloud services, VPN.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues in corporate network environment.
- Experience with setup and support printer system in a corporate environment.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including G-Suite, Box, MS Office, OKTA, Workday and other commonly used SaaS system, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Strong working knowledge of networks, network topologies, PC workstations, application software, telecommunications.
- Very strong familiarity and comfort level with Mac OS X and solid understanding of and experience with Windows 10
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Familiarity and admin experience with chat technologies - Slack, Zoom
- G Suite Administration and related SaaS service administration is a plus
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Well organized with good time management skills and documentation capabilities
- Experience working with C Level customers
- Working knowledge of Service Now
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Friendly personality with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-thru to completion
- Ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Dedication to a constructive, team-oriented atmosphere is critical. Sharing knowledge and perspective within the department, and organization as a whole, will provide a crucial insight to decision makers.
- The IT Department strives to continuously stay abreast to the changing technology environment and understands the detriments of complacency.
- IT Department places an emphasis on continuing education and constantly improving employee awareness.
- Thoughtful communication within the team will be necessary to keep the understanding of IT Department intentions as well as maintain accountability within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent job experience
- MCDST certification, A+, ACMT a Plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location- Washington DC
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.