JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a hands-on firmware engineer to join a highly dynamic and talented team. Our team prides ourselves on working well together and with other teams to help find the right solutions to problems, from ideation through execution. This role often requires team members to step out of a traditional programmer role, and to think critically about a problem or requirement in order to find the answer.
The typical technical functions of the job will include digging into low-level hardware driver issues, all the way up to application layer, user-facing behavior in a highly integrated, connected system.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Firmware optimization experience in one or more of the following areas: product design, new product release, manufacturing support
- Have Deep knowledge of C in an RTOS and Bare-metal environment; Python is a plus
- Work with I2C, SPI, UART, and other digital communication interfaces
- Experience with connected products, especially Bluetooth/BLE
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and low power devices
- Use Mac/Linux command line interface and associated tools
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow
- Own parts of implementation and debugging of application, device drivers, and middleware
- Ability to multitask or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved
- Work with Electrical Engineering on board bring-up and troubleshooting
- Travel to support manufacturing builds
- Work cross-functionally with other teams
- Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrate judgement in applying the right amount of solution for a problem
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Associate’s degree with significant experience will be considered. Master’s degree is a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.