JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Designer will report to the Creative Director, Employee Brand Strategy. This role requires exceptional design aesthetic and conceptual thinking, cross functional collaboration, and big picture problem solving with stakeholders of all levels. The role includes individual, day-to-day design work as well as developmental projects with the greater team. The Senior Designer will partner heavily with multiple partners across the organization and needs to advocate for the integrity of the global Employee Brand and the efficacy of the design at all stages of a project.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years of design experience, demonstrating exceptional aesthetic. Must provide an on-line or PDF portfolio showcasing existing body of work.
- Branding, identity and style guide development, and/or product launch experience
- Experience integrating data into design development (information design) and partnering cross-functionally to establish this practice in a fast-paced environment
- Concept, sketch and design physical and digital deliverables including projects outside the typical mediums, such as presentations, corporate templates, and branded product
- Experience in producing pixel perfect digital and print ready deliverables
- Collaborate and work alongside leaders and doers in Brand Strategy, Internal Communications, Talent Development and Diversity/Equity/Inclusion teams
- Develop and champion a dynamic and intuitive creative process that functions across the organization
- Skill level expertise in full Adobe Creative Suite, business software (Google and Microsoft) and project management platforms (i.e. Asana.)
- Copywriting, photography and video editing experience all a plus.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Great communication skills both spoken and written. Must be able to achieve alignment with executive, non-creative, and creative stakeholders.
- Initiative and ability to drive concepts to execution
- Passion for exceptional design
- Experience at a startup or agency both apply. Must be able to handle a high volume of work at fast pace with a high measure of ambiguity.
- BFA/BS/BA Graphic Design, Communication Design, Visual Design
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits