JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a Compensation Partner to join our Total Rewards team and play a large role in our compensation strategy to help us attract and retain top talent globally. You'll be instrumental in helping JUUL continue to scale effectively while working closely with the People, Finance and various cross-functional teams.
- Job Infrastructure: Design and maintain our new job family structure including job leveling and job catalog.
- Market Reconnaissance: Lead the gathering of insights on competitive pay levels and practices to determine global competitive position by labor market. Develop and update quantitative models and formulate recommendations and updates to the compensation structure.
- Salary Structure: Design/partner with finance to develop compensation and/or organization designs including long- and short-term incentives, milestone rewards and global compensation structures.
- Lead Pay Reviews: Lead the development and completion of compensation reviews and recommendations related to merit / promo / equity increases. Lead design and administration of sales compensation calculations and process. Support expatriates and cross-border transfers.
- Recruiting: Work closely with Talent Acquisition to benchmark positions and develop competitive total reward packages including base, long-term equity and variable compensation.
- Systems: Work with the People technology team to ensure that compensation and job profile requirements are satisfied and data accurately reflects salary structures and variable programs.
- Storytelling: Design and build compensation metrics, reports and tools to inform compensation program decisions and analyze business outcomes. Produce ad hoc analyses with quick turnarounds.
- Communications & Education: Create materials to effectively communicate compensation plans, policies and practices to the People team, employees and managers.
- Executive Compensation: Lead the design and development of executive compensation programs, including long-term equity awards, compensation committee materials and stock-plan administration.
- Recognition: Lead the design and administration of our innovative peer- and manager-initiated recognition portfolio.
- Compliance: Ensure pay practices are compliant with US federal and state requirements (i.e. FLSA, minimum wage, overtime, etc) and requirements for each country in which we operate.
- Experience with compensation in a high-growth organization and know how to deliver pressing daily needs with an eye towards achieving longer-term objectives.
- Minimum of 3+ years of compensation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to define and solve practical pay problems.
- Demonstrated ability to create accurate, validated exhibits to facilitate decision making.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
- Significant experience working with HR technology, data interfaces, and reporting.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Progressive thinker with a flexible, can-do, team-oriented approach.
- Agile learner and proactive teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Degree in a technical field preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits