JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Clinical and Scientific Affairs teams at JUUL Labs is looking for an agile, self-motivated, and experienced individual to serve as a Senior Scientific Writer. The successful candidate has experience developing plans and coordinating timelines to ensure timely completion of writing projects, including the development of clinical study protocols, summaries of scientific literature, and the preparation of reports and manuscripts. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented, self-directed, flexible, and with the ability to balance workload and project timelines to meet departmental and project goals.
- Serve as the group lead for scientific writers contributing to a variety of documents for clinical and regulatory purposes, including clinical protocols, clinical study reports, investigator brochures, manuscripts, and regulatory submissions, including briefing books
- Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional teams to produce high-quality, scientifically accurate documents.
- Provide support for QC of complex clinical documents
- Manage timelines and communicate with team stakeholders to maintain awareness of expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- May include participation in initiatives such as document templates, writing style guide, and support for document reviewing/authoring tools
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in scientific or medical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years medical or scientific writing experience
- Experience producing high quality clinical documents with expert knowledge of regulatory documentation requirements and ICH guidelines
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail related to consistency, grammar, syntax, and accuracy
- Review of SAPs and TFLs to ensure data is accurately presented within CSR.
- Provides leadership through mentoring and coaching team members.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Able to work between teams and coordinate departmental objectives to establish a cohesive narrative.
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills for the management of multiple concurrent projects and interdepartmental needs
- Successful candidate will be proactive in proposing creative solutions and ideas, work collaboratively with multi-functional teams and partners
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software (MS Office skills such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in performing medical literature searches
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.