JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Principal Scientist Toxicology, Scientist/Sr. Scientist will support preclinical studies for JUUL Labs. This is a technical & cross-functional scientific position overseeing the scheduling, execution and reporting of experiments conducted at contract research organizations. The successful candidate will:
- Work with contract research organizations and JUUL scientists to design protocols, schedule and monitor their execution and review the resulting reports.
- Review research reports and datasets for adherence to regulatory guidelines and validity of scientific conclusions.
- Good general knowledge of analytical chemistry and of in vitro/vivo biological test, such as cytotoxicity, Ames & micronucleus assays.
- Good understanding of statistical methods.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues in Preclinical, Quality, Regulatory, and R&D departments.
- Draft protocols, reports, and other forms of documentation as needed.
- Periodic travel to contract organizations to ensure proper established methods are applied.
- Periodic travel to relevant scientific and regulatory conferences.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Biology, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Chemistry respectively.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Experience with standardization/regulatory bodies such as ISO, OECD & FDA and their guidance documents.
- Experience with SOP processes and GLP regulation.
- Experience with pharmacology/toxicology study design (often incorporating analytical chemistry), data analysis, and report review.
- Experience understanding and managing diverse data sets with multiple test articles being tested in a variety of assays.
- Experience with aerosol science and/or in the vaping & tobacco industry is a plus.
- Experience with Python or R as applied to data science is a plus.
- This is not currently a laboratory position but previous lab experience is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.