JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Engineering Project Manager reports to the Senior Director, Aerosol Research and works across JUUL organization to help define and execute process excellence, resource and budgetary requirements, timelines, and communicate progress against those timelines for all JUUL R&D projects. This person will play a key role in making sure research and development efforts are successfully executed, and will interface closely with product, engineering, and program management within JUUL.
- Lead effort to create project management processes, best practices, tools, dashboards for of all research project initiatives
- Collaborate with research team on all initiatives and lead progress, actions, and checkpoint reviews
- Oversee and maintain high-level timelines for development and introduction of all JUUL research projects
- Facilitate the agreement of reasonable project-level budgets and deadlines across the organization
- Assess historical performance to improve future performance
- Apply change, risk and resource management to tasks and groups
Skills and Experience Required:
- 10+ years program or related management experience in consumer or other physical products
- BS in Mechanical engineering or related degrees in management of technology
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Outstanding performance evaluation skills
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results.
- Ability to listen and learn, and prove or disprove assumptions with data.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and do what needs doing.
- Ability to be an excellent collaborator across teams, functions, organizational boundaries inside and outside of JUUL
- Assertive style that drives excellence in our program management
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.