JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling millions of JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL Labs is looking for an enthusiastic, diligent, and detail-oriented laboratory technician to join the Advanced Technology Group’s Materials Science team. The technician will contribute to key R&D initiatives by conducting materials characterization testing and assisting with various other day-to-day laboratory activities. The ideal candidate is hands-on, flexible, eager to learn new techniques, meticulous in laboratory practices and documentation, and has prior experience handling chemicals. You will routinely perform testing using instruments such as drop shape analyzer (DSA), force tensiometer, permeation analyzers for determining water vapor and oxygen transmission rates (WVTR and OTR), heat deflection tester (HDT), among others.
- Execute testing following detailed experimental protocols
- Safely and reliably operate laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Follow excellent laboratory notebook practices, documenting observations and test results
- Compile results for review and discussion with scientific and engineering teammates
- Troubleshoot equipment and sample issues, and learn to maintain instrumentation
- Assist with drafting standard operating procedures
- Assist with the preparation of samples and testing plans
- Maintain laboratory equipment and bench spaces
- Willingness to work independently on largely repetitive tasks
- Ability to closely follow instructions and standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with scientific instrumentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional team members, and collaborate efficiently to achieve project goals
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
- 2 year degree in science or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
JUUL Labs Perks
- Company Equity options
- A place to grow in your career, we’ll help you set objectives and exceed them
- Collaborative fast paced work environment
- Discounts on JUUL products/devices
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles