JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Chemistry, the Chemistry Research Associate will execute a variety of critical product characterization testing of electronic nicotine delivery systems. This is an important role in furthering product research & development activities at Juul Labs.
This position is a hands-on, laboratory-based role that will be responsible for helping to design and test products and prototypes, with a focus on the chemical characterization of our products. He/she will work closely with scientists and engineers in the Juul R&D group and should be comfortable around standard chemistry lab equipment/methodology such as gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, pH, liquid chromatography and NMR. We are looking for someone who is flexible, can work well independently, and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes.
- Conduct chemical characterization testing of liquids and aerosols associated with electronic nicotine delivery systems
- Write and present test protocols and reports on the results
- Learn new analytical methodology for characterizing our products
- Write and execute testing protocols
- Troubleshoot test methods and device issues
- Help optimize the chemistry of our products
- Maintain lab equipment in working order
- Assist in maintaining a safe laboratory environment
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years experience in industry - pharma/biotech a plus
- Previous hands-on research experience in a laboratory setting (1-5 years)
- Knowledge of statistics a plus
- Experience in organic synthetic chemistry a plus
- Strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced global environment
- Works independently with excellent time management skills to meet project deadlines
- BS/MS in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
- Coursework in organic and analytical chemistry essential
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits