JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a qualified Senior Organic Chemist to contribute to R&D initiatives. The candidate is a high energy, enthusiastic, effective individual contributor working to lead R&D projects. You will be working hands-on alongside other scientists in the chemistry lab, developing and screening novel formulations and synthesizing new molecules, furthering basic understanding of chemical phenomena, conducting experiments to characterize Juul and other products, and assisting the engineering team to design, analyze and test prototypes. You are a flexible, out of the box thinker, a hands-on scientist, a good communicator, and have significant practical experience synthesizing and understanding the mechanisms of a variety of chemical reactions.
- Lead efforts in organic chemistry regarding Juul and other e-cigarette products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other scientists and engineers in R&D to develop new technologies.
- Troubleshoot chemical and physical methods and instrumentation
- Stay current on literature in the field
- Train and mentor junior scientists/research associates
- Execute experiments to test ENDS products and prototypes
- Write and present reports on test results
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of industry or academic (chemical, pharma, biotech) experience required
- Demonstrated track record of executing novel synthetic and formulation chemistry
- Thorough understanding of physical organic chemistry including pyrolysis chemistry (e.g. from petro-chemical or bio-fuels fields) preferred
- Significant hands-on experience with relevant analytical techniques such as GC and LC-MS strongly preferred
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Enthusiasm and scientific integrity
- Ph.D in Chemistry or equivalent with an emphasis on Organic Chemistry
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities