JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for a Lead Production Designer who has a sharp aesthetic sensibility, an obsession with pixel-perfect design, and a strong foundation of design principles and best practices. You will work closely with UX Designers and Motion Designers to execute visually stunning mockups that are ready for handoff to developers. You also have a knack for organization and creating efficiencies in the workflow process. You will work effortlessly in a cross-functional environment across product, design, and engineering. You are also a self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative and working autonomously.
- Taking signed off, functional designs and applying that sharp aesthetic sensibility to create beautiful, clean, mockups ready for handoff
- Working with project managers and engineers to make sure that we are on schedule for sign off and design freeze
- Creating designs that are sensitive to the diversity of screen sizes and pixel densities
- Collaborate with marketing designers and digital (web) designers, to consolidate styles across the brand, making sure there is unity across all touchpoints
- Evolve and enforce JUUL Design Guidelines and brand standards
- Work with interaction/motion designers to create dynamic interfaces
- Rapidly work with QA teams to fix design bugs or issues during build phases
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in-app and digital production
- Experience working in Figma, Sketch, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Mastery of designing for multiple screen sizes and pixel densities across Android and iOS
- Technical knowledge of asset export formats
- Deep understanding of color theory, composition, and accessibility standards.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities