JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a key part of the Juul Hardware team, you will be helping the EE teams define and design next gen products through your vendor connections and component expertise. You will also write Juul specs for components, evolving Juul’s internal templates and standards. Finding alternate sources and helping drive qualification of those components in our development builds and as post ramp quals is also an important part of the job. Working with vendors, building those relationships, and confirming the components will meet our reliability and electrical specs and driving them to test as needed. This job will also be cross-functional, working with EE, ME, EPM, GSM, REL., SQE. Positive, collaborative, self-starter attributes are critical.
- Partner with Electrical/Mechanical NPI Engineers, SMT Engineering, DFM Engineering, Global Supply Management, Reliability and Suppliers to resolve component quality issues with focus on reliability and performance.
- Drive component related Failure Analysis and Corrective Action measures to resolution.
- Collaborate with reliability engineering to develop Component Qualification Specifications for passive components, discrete semiconductors, Integrated Circuits, Connectors and Antennas/Sub-assemblies.
- Ensure all components are qualified and results are documented within the PLM system, per Component Qualification Specifications prior to mass production ramp.
- Create and enforce Shelf Life Policies, Traceability Specifications and Process Change Notification Specifications.
- Administer deep-dive Vendor Site Audits with cross-functional team members.
- Drive electrical component suppliers toward process optimization for manufacturability, reliability and performance.
- Train oversees engineers and production support team on component quality optimization methods and processes to ensure world class quality components.
- Interface with cross functional organizations to establish component engineering quality processes.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 15+ years of experience in Component Engineering and Supplier Quality involving thin film and thick film electronic components and electromechanical manufacturing processes.
- Experience driving high-volume component manufacturers toward high-quality initiatives.
- Practical experience in failure analysis, root cause and corrective action implementation.
- Strong capability in creating component level qualification specifications.
- In depth knowledge of total quality management practices, device qualification and component characterization.
- Experience in improving suppliers’ component quality by interfacing with SQE, CM and suppliers
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor physics and IC wafer/FAB and semiconductor manufacturing processes
- In-Depth understanding of single substrate and multilayer co-fired ceramic and passive component manufacturing processes for resistors, capacitors and inductors
- Background in Six Sigma, total quality management, DMAIC, Gauge R&R, SPC APC and FMEA
- Knowledgeable in using Maverick Product Elimination program
- Proficient in all aspects of Failure Analysis such as non-destructive measurement, physical analysis, fault isolation techniques, chemical analysis
- Hands on experience in providing in providing data-driven risk assessment using reliaSoft and JMP software
- IC/Semiconductor/MEMs Device Characterization and Qualification
- Experience auditing MEMs and semiconductor manufacturers
- Experience in FAB and assembly using DMAIC methodology
- In-depth understanding of Die/Package processes and reliability
- In-depth understanding of Wafer Fabrication Processes and reliability
- Experience working with LTCC and HTCC process-based component manufacturers
- Understanding of thick Film component reliability
- Understanding of Characterization of thick film multilayer capacitors, thick/metal resistors, multilayer inductors
- In-depth knowledge of passive device physics and thick film component reliability
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related field. Associate’s degree with significant experience will be considered. Master’s degree is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities