JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs' Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team is seeking a biosafety professional to lead our biosafety/chemistry programs while working with our research scientist and toxicologist.
The Biosafety/Chemistry Manager will report to the Director of EHS and will take full ownership of the development, implementation, execution, and improvement of all bio, chemistry, and radiation safety programs. This position will oversee compliance with applicable regulations and best practices by anticipating and evaluating hazards in the workplace.
- Develop, implement, manage, and improve all biosafety and chemistry-related programs.
- Drive engagement of biosafety, chemistry, and radiation, programs fostering a cross-functional collaboration to promote innovative initiatives in a highly-regulated environment.
- Ensure compliance with all national, international, and local regulations, guidelines, and best practices.
- To protect employees from any biological agents/toxins and prevent contamination of the environment promoting environmental quality.
- Provide professional advice on research safety procedures and laboratory security.
- Advise on biorisk management issues within the organization and verify that biorisks have been addressed.
- Review and advise on investigations of accidents, incidents, and exposures.
- Communicate biorisks issues with scientists and other personnel as needed.
- Develop and manage biosafety training curriculum.
- Conduct risk assessments to analyse risk of new hazards and develop controls.
- Develop an auditing process and schedule to review training records, accident reports, and follow up with corrective actions.
- Organizational capabilities to establish a motivated, productive, innovative, and highly professional program.
- Establish equipment guidelines and facility design requirements
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years in EHS with a with focus on biosafety or chemical safety in laboratory settings.
- High analytical skills to drive decision making with right argumentation
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Interpersonal skills (excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills)
- Test and learn mindset
- Project management and multitasking skills
- Comfortable with both strategy and execution
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing environment with diverse needs and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in relative field.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.