JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a MEMS / Sensor Device Engineer to design and develop the next generation of sensing devices and sensing systems for JUUL’s products. You will be part of a highly skilled multi-disciplinary dynamic organization creating and commercializing new technologies that enable us to deliver on our mission.
- Lead cross-functional teams to define and develop future sensor devices and architecture to measure pressure, flow, temperature, and motion.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team to develop the requirements, specifications and algorithms to meet product needs and user experience.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documents required by the Juul development process
- Develop and communicate detailed development plans with aggressive timelines and key milestones, to ensure the team and the company are focused on achieving the goals and dates.
- Drive sensor supplier engagement in coordination to internal development programs, define and set goals, track progress, flag and elevate issues to internal management.
- Work with GSM, quality and product management teams to provide program visibility and alignment of metrics to achieve commercial success.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of MEMS and sensor devices
- Preferred 3+ years of experience with leading development teams for consumer devices and sensors
- Strong project management skills to plan, track, correct and execute projects effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong subject matter knowledge with variety of sensor technologies, such as MEMS, thermal, optical, piezo-electric and piezo-resistive
- Strong subject matter knowledge of breath related pressure and flow sensing
- Deep understanding of reliability, failure modes and standards relating to ingress protection
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and design of experiments using tools such as SAS, SAS JMP, Excel
- Proficiency with FMEA and 8D Problem solving methodologies
- Knowledge of wafer probe and package level characterization.
- Experience with failure analysis techniques such as Imaging Techniques (SEM, FIB, AFM, Thermal, CSAM) or surface/volume analytical techniques (Raman, FTIR, TOF-SIMS, Auger, EDS, ESCA, XPS)
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering with focus on MEMS and sensor design, PhD is a plus
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles