JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sensory Panel Leader will report to the Sensory Manager. You will receive direction on which panels to run, proper labeling of our pods and how to properly fill our pods.
- Solid working knowledge of sensory testing techniques and principles including descriptive analysis (DA), discrimination and acceptability methods. Experience leading DA panels is a plus.
- Demonstrates working knowledge in performing statistical analysis of sensory descriptive data and assessing panel performance. Working knowledge in the appropriate use of statistical techniques to analyze and interpret data. General understanding of the use of experimental designs.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, hands-on mind-set, effective time management, pro-active disposition and be a flexible team player.
- Should be open to trying our products.
- Effective planning and project management skills.
- Working experience with automated sensory data collection systems
- General understanding of when methodologies need to be created or modified for unique project needs.
- General understanding of importance and basic principles of data and intellectual property management.
- Good communication skills including ability to write concise, informative reports and verbally present complex technical information to non-technical audiences. Ability to listen and identify project objective and influence research plan. Experience in moderating group discussions.
- Demonstrated passion, flexibility and excitement for the work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or equivalent with either a major in sensory science, behavioral psychology or applied statistics. Advanced degree, a plus.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer 1-3 years of work experience with BS degree.1-2 Years with MS. Experience leading panels is a plus.
- Very well structured and organised
- Specific data collection software skills both in using and programming (Eye questions, Fizz or Compusense)
- Stats data analysis softwares knowledge: Excel stats
- Good knowledge of sensory methodologies including descriptive, discriminative, and stability tests.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills. Ability to perform basic statistical evaluations tests, ANOVA and PCA.
- Strong technical understanding of Sensory results and ability to deliver a clear and simple recommendation and action plan to various teams.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our state of the art Chemistry lab in Mountain View, CA
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C