JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting to the Reliability Engineering Manager - Suzhou, the candidate will work within the Reliability Engineering team alongside the JUUL product sustaining team, supporting Product Development and the 2nd source component validation from Reliability perspective. The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for executing test plans, managing the test process, and collecting data for reliability test reporting. In this role you will help to drive continuous product and process improvement, be responsible for understanding and analyzing designs, and execute appropriate test methodologies based on design, process, and/or material risks.
- Work with US Reliability teams to develop and to document reliability qualification plans for new products including some critical components
- Work with CM test lab or the 3rd lab for the test resource management and tests execution according to the test plans
- Report reliability execution progress and issues, and track the issues from creation to closure
- Assist with testing by developing test fixtures and testing setups
- Support US Reliability test needs from Proto to post production for product and component level
- Support the failure analysis from reliability test and help drive the corrective action till it’s closed
- Support the supplier qualification process for new or modified components, materials or processes.
- Support manufacturing activities related to product integrity and reliability
- 8+ years’ Reliability test engineering, preferably for consumer electronics
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally
- Experience with Environmental Testing, Mechanical Stress Tests and life test, familiar with related industry test standards
- Experience and knowledge performing lab testing of components, PCBAs, batteries, sensors, etc.
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers and managing 3rd-party test labs
- Knowledge of some basic FA tool or equipment, such as X-ray/CT-scan, cross section/dye penetration test, SEM/EDS, etc.
- About 25% traveling from different CMs to support the reliability tests
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or above in electrical engineering, material engineering, mechanical engineering or related fields
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits