JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Generate and publish a rolling global consensus demand forecast for JUUL products. Work closely with regional demand teams, product development, international expansion, finance, and various supply chain groups to develop both short- and long-term demand forecasts for all JUUL products and markets. This person will experiment with various types of demand planning techniques–top-down and bottom-up, statistical and driver-based–to identify and deploy the most accurate methods for various time horizons. Collaboration will be key for this position, both to identify the forecasting needs for various stakeholder groups, and to gain the key inputs from stakeholders to construct an accurate forecast. One key indicator of success will be forecast accuracy, at both the product level and the SKU level. Global Demand Planner will measure forecast accuracy and enhance model and collaboration processes to improve accuracy over time. This position reports to the Manager of Global Demand Planning.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve data-driven demand planning models at the SKU level to provide the most accurate forecasts.
- Understand forecast requirements from various stakeholder groups to determine model horizons and granularities
- Lead monthly/quarterly cross-functional demand reviews to review projections and challenge key drivers and assumptions.
- Develop upside and downside scenarios in addition to conducting risk analyses
- Create monthly and quarterly hindsight reports/summaries to identify accuracy gaps in projections and assumptions.
- Continuously improve forecasts through thorough analyses of NPI performance, promotional activities, consumption trends, marketing initiatives, and any other market/category trends that affect demand.
- Works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all partners & stakeholders, especially the regional demand forecasting teams, sales, and finance teams.
- Produces clear, defensible analysis
- Effectively presents and defends the team’s work to stakeholders and senior executives
- Anticipates potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborates with peer managers to resolve them proactively
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe to report issues as necessary
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-3 years of experience in demand forecasting global. Experience with consumer products is a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; knowledge of advanced demand planning techniques
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
- Ability to travel globally, up to 10% of the time
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, global team environment
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to execute and meet deadlines
- Constant raising of the bar for quality of analytics and communication/presentation
- Ability to develop managers, and their team members
- Ability to collaborate and partner with regional forecasting teams
- Ability to communicate to and debate with executives across the organization
- Advanced knowledge of business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving
- Proficient in common office computer software
- BA/BS degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Mathematics/Statistics, or Engineering
- Master’s Degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and exceed them.
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, IoT, Dallas, Frisco, Texas