JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
As part of the Supply Chain Operations (SCO), this position reports to the Materials Manager and uses strong technical and interpersonal skills to coordinate all aspects of material management for the commodity assigned. The Materials Analyst interfaces with departments outside the SCO in cross-organization discussions. Candidate will be responsible for assigned commodities and material data management, supporting business functions through data collection and analysis, report creation and automation, gathering requirements, and creating effective solutions.
- Ability to build, manage, and communicate a Clear to Build report
- Determine shortfalls and strategize to overcome them
- Define material allocations as per business needs
- Track supplier metrics. Issue and maintain performance metrics to optimize service levels
- Monitors and track new products to be launched into production. (readiness management)
- Works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all partners & stakeholders
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe to report issues as necessary
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and approachability
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of experience managing materials or suppliers or working as a Business Analyst. Experience with consumer products and an outsourced manufacturing model is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, global team environment
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Analytical mind, and ability to translate those analytics into Excel and communicate the resultant business recommendations to others
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other functions
- Ability to execute and meet deadlines. Makes and meets commitments.
- Constant raising of the bar for quality of analytics and communications
- Subject matter expertise in the materials management function
- Expert proficiency in Excel, and proficient in other common office computer software
- BA/BS degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Mathematics or Engineering is preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles-