JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes to support the manufacture of the Juul device and the execution of the associated product roadmap. Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups through senior- and executive-level customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
This position is a Manager role and will be responsible for managing the OPM’s responsible for device assembly. This role will report to the Director of Device & Assembly Manufacturing.
- Identify, recruit, hire, develop and oversee large teams comprised of both direct and indirect reports.
- Ensure the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, KPIs (key performance indicators) and other targets.
- Significantly contribute to the immediate, medium- and longer-term planning and development of their respective team. Identifying and recommending new/enhanced or extended opportunities and the resources required, including departmental budgeting, operations planning, etc.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal/external partners & stakeholders.
- Participate, as and when needed/appropriate, in cross-functional or other project teams; helping the overall business of Juul to continuously evolve, improve and excel.
- Effectively partner with peer managers to align on priorities, accountability and objectives
- Anticipates potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborates with peer
managers to resolve them proactively.
- Communicates the importance of compliance and fosters an environment where teams feel safe
to report issues as necessary.
- Is viewed by peers as a leader who can pull team together around a common goal and represent
team to senior management.
- Owns the execution of operational SLA delivery and escalations.
- Demonstrates and coaches team on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving,
including proactively identifying process changes/ improvements.
- Clearly articulates strategic drivers and removes barriers to support accountabilities
- Is trustworthy and reliable; follows through with commitments
- Develops the next generation of leaders by increasing performance and contributions from their team
- Engages in clear, two-way communication, listens actively and cultivates diversity of thought and
perspective and dissenting views
- Fosters an environment of candor and support by demonstrating self-awareness, openness and
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 10+ years of experience in global manufacturing management, including experience managing outsourced manufacturing.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel globally, 25% to 50%
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Ability to drive execution and foster a sense of continuous improvement in operation, striving to reach perfection
- Ability to develop and coach team members, a servant leader
- Ability to manage both Senior and Junior team members
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules
- Advanced knowledge in business operations, systems, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management and problem solving
- Ability to take ownership and hold yourself and team accountable
- Ability to adapt when changes occur in a quick and aggressive manner to achieve target
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles-