JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Reporting into the Engineering Operations team, JUUL is looking for a Manager, Project Management to lead the design and development of JUUL products.
JUUL EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, validation/FA/CA and project status in the development of new products. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big-picture issues. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled hardware, software, mechanical design and industrial design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. The EPM is also the key interface to the suppliers, driving build readiness at the factory and managing the build itself. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. EPMs also need to have a strong understanding of development and manufacturing processes - from part design to reliability testing, circuit board manufacturing, and production line bring-up.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The EPM will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus regulatory, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL.
- Maintain frequent communication within the Engineering, Quality, Product Management, Global Supply Management, Manufacturing teams and other Cross Functional Teams
- Motivate and empower the EPM team to meet their programs’ stated goals and deliverables on schedule
- Cultivate a relationship and trust w/ cross functional stakeholders
- Actively participate EPM meetings and assess improvements to drive changes
- Enable project development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient and streamlined process. Redirect workstreams and develop a better course of action
- Travel to support manufacturing builds
- Report and present to senior management on project status and schedules
- Setup new systems to streamline project completion
- Understanding EPM processes and implementing new best practices
- Follow JUUL Labs’ design control and documentation procedures (PLM experience helpful)
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to hold team members accountable
- Mentor and develop colleagues
Skills and Experience Required
- BS ME/EE degree or equivalent, MS preferred
- 10+ years in high volume consumer products or medical device manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of project management experience. PMP certification preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments
- Rapidly adapt to new industry technologies
- Extensive experience working with overseas contract manufacturers
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- International travel is required (approximately 20%).
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status. We comply with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and do not unlawfully discriminate against applicants with criminal convictions.