JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
As a NPI Materials Manager, you will own the end-to-end process of materials planning for NPI launches, sites expansion and qualifications. You will play a key role to drive materials availability to support the business growth and effectively communicate status with the rest of the organization.
- Determine materials requirements to support NPI launches, sites expansion and production lines qualifications.
- Manage the materials risk-buy process by determining quantity to be purchased prior to BOM release and seek for Exec’s approval.
- Effectively communicate materials status and risks to all key stakeholders across the organization, such as Program Management, Engineering, PLM, Quality, Mfg Ops & Supply Chain teams.
- Identify supply chain risks and mitigation steps to ensure materials readiness. Escalate in a timely manner.
- Work with suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery schedules for individual components, specifying quantity and required dates targeting on-time delivery.
- Coordinate shipments with Supply Chain and Logistics teams as needed.
- Support materials request throughout various phases of the program starting from validation phase through beginning of mass production.
- Own the transition plan for when program is handed over to mass production team.
- Ensure BOM visibility to CMs by working with Engineering and PLM (document control) teams.
- Minimize E&O by recommending alternate usage of excess material.
- Look for opportunities to identify and drive improvements on processes.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of supply chain, program management, planning and/or inventory management experience
- Experience in creating and managing advanced models in Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- Experience in large cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- ERP experience preferred
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
- Proactive materials spend control, spend analysis and strategy execution skills
- Fact and analysis based decision-maker
- Experience with multi tasking in start up environment
- Team leader and player capabilities, leads by doing
- Strong and proactive communication skills
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, problem solve, handle multiple tasks and prioritize daily responsibilities
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Strong communication skills
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in an environment with constant changes
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- MBA preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred (green or black belt)
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities